Understanding Financial and Managerial Accounting is a game changer for anyone in today’s job market, and this program will allow you to engage in a deep-dive exploration of this discipline.
Registration coming soon!
Accounting is universally considered the language of business as it impacts every aspect of an organization.
Understanding Financial and Managerial Accounting is a game changer for anyone in today’s job market, and this program will allow you to engage in a deep-dive exploration of this discipline. Through analyzing and identifying relevant business transactions, you will evaluate how those events impact a business organization, examine relevant financial measures, and explore planning and controls for the future.
You’ll prepare, analyze, and utilize the four common financial statements used to make decisions in an organization to assess how companies present themselves to the public through their annual reports and assess sustainability. You’ll learn to distinguish the difference between financial and managerial accounting and thereby acquire the skills and tools necessary to understand, analyze, and develop sound financial decisions based on your evaluation.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Assess the impact of transactions and the interrelationships between balance sheets, income statements, statements of retained earnings, and cash flow statements
- Identify the role and scope of financial and managerial accounting and the use of accounting information in the decision-making process of managers
- Explore financial statement analysis by addressing “what if” questions according to the information needs of an organization
- Explain how managerial accounting information and data analytics facilitate planning, controlling, performance evaluation, and decision-making activities
- Interpret time value of money calculations to make capital budgeting and other future oriented decisions
This Credential program is 8-weeks with 24 contact hours. To earn your badge of completion, you must achieve a minimum of 70% in 3 Key Performance areas: Attendance, Participation, and Activities/Assignments. The instructor will provide a specific rubric outlining the course syllabus in Key Performance areas.
WHEN & WHERE:
SUMMER 2023: 6/7/2023-8/2/2023 | 5:30pm-8:30pm | Every Wednesday
*REGISTRATION COMING SOON
LOCATION: Denison Edge | 300 Marconi Blvd. #200, Columbus, OH, 43215
This program is led by Louann Cummings, a tenured Professor of Business at the University of Findlay and former Fulbright Scholar and Specialist. She received her BA in economics from Denison University, an MBA (and CPA) from the University of Toledo, and a Doctor of Business Administration from Case Western Reserve University. She also worked for Root Learning, Inc. developing learning map technologies for companies such as Harley-Davidson, ATT Wireless, Motorola, UPS, and Whirlpool. Her passion is helping students and colleagues, regardless of their course of study, become exceptional global leaders who truly make a difference.
*This program is free for students attending Bluffton, Capital, Denison, Heidelberg, Kenyon, Marietta, Ohio Wesleyan, Otterbein, Wittenberg, and Wooster. Ask your career center for the promotional code.*